Many people believe that the pain only indicates that there is something physically wrong with you. It is true that the pain is there to tell you that there is something that needs to be addressed. With that in mind I am going to go through 6 common pain triggers that you may not think of on your own.
- Emotional trauma
When we are stressed we stimulate molecules in our nervous system called microglia which release inflammatory chemicals resulting in pain. So doing anything that can decrease your stress is helpful in reducing your pain.
One can do many things to release stress. How about meditation or self-hypnosis to begin. Some form of exercise is also helpful. Get on the phone with someone who makes you laugh, or listen to some relaxing music. Perhaps the most important thing you can do is to figure out what it is that is stressing you out and make the changes required to eliminate it.
2. Pain medication
The reason that there are so many addicts of pain medications out there is because over time your body builds up a tolerance to it. What that means is that you require more of the medication to get relief. At some point no matter how much is ingested, the body no longer responds to it. All one needs to make taking pain medication deadly is to add a bit of wine to the mix, and one may never wake up.
3. Poor sleep
Our body operates on circadian rhythms of wake and sleep states. When we don’t get enough sleep our body is unable to do the tissue repair and growth that is mandatory to relieve the pain.
4. Leaky gut
When undigested food leaks into the gut, inflammation occurs. Pain can also come from bloating, gas and abdominal pain. Dietary changes are required to take care of this issue.
5. Magnesium deficiency
Magnesium blocks the pain triggers of glutamate, a neurotransmitter that may cause you to become hypersensitive to pain. Stress and the use of pain killers deplete your body of magnesium causing pain.
6. Lyme Disease
If you are having chronic pain and cannot find any other source get your self checked out for lyme disease. You probably don’t realize that the ticks that bite resulting in this disease numb the area never making the person aware of the incident.
There are non-pharmaceutical pain relievers which you can use. Here are a few of them:
- Massage to induce relaxation and relieving stress will help out.
- Acupuncture is also very helpful in chronic pain relief, especially headaches and back aches.
- Magnesium as mentioned above to block the pain triggers of glutamate.
- Proper posture so your body is aligned correctly taking the stress off those areas that are painful.
- Cayenne cream which is topically applied to stop the pain signals going to the brain.
- Ginger to take care of stomach discomfort. Make a ginger tea or slowly drink ginger ale.
- Curcumin which has been found to be the compound in tumeric to relieve pain in many studies. Adding 200 mg of curcumin has helped those with osteoporosis gain mobility and decrease their pain according to Dr. Mercola in his newsletter.
- Physical therapy can also decrease pain from those areas of the body where there has been an injury.
- Notice if eating gluten based products cause discomfort, bloating, constipation or diarrhea. If so, stop eating them to regain physical comfort.
- Stop eating packaged foods and eat whole foods instead. So many of us eat poor diets including many inflammatory chemicals we can’t even pronounce. If you stop eating these foods you may well find yourself feeling a whole lot better.
Pain is there to let us know that something needs to be addressed, so please don’t ignore it and do what you can to relieve yourself from it. In so doing you will bring yourself a much better quality of life.
If you want a more thorough understanding of how to relieve yourself of pain I will suggest you go to Dr. Mercola’s blog post on the subject from where I got this information. You can access it here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/12/13/6-chronic-pain-triggers.aspx.
Sleep Soundly Tonight
Ever had a restless night when you really needed to sleep? Wish there was some way to get the rest you needed without resorting to pills? Check out the “Sleep Soundly” MP3 available for download at a reasonable price from the Dawning Visions Hypnosis StoreSleep Soundly Tonight
Powered by Facebook Comments