It seems that with the use of the bible of the mental health professionals, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of mental Disorders, that even the most of normal emotions and mental states now fall under one “disorder” or another. The problem is that these diagnoses are based on the votes of the members of the American Psychological Association without any science to back it up.
When a child of 18 months old is placed on a antipsychotic drugs when the disorders they are prescribed for, don’t show in the child till their teen years, demonstrates the abusive manner in which our children are being medicated. When a child of this age is placed on such a drug it is usually to sedate the child. The misuse of these very strong chemicals are creating all sorts of problems in our children, many of which we are uninformed because the drug trials are never done on children.
As a result of this over medication, our kids they may suffer from psychotic events (ironically, even when placed on antipsychotics), reduced or deaden emotions, decrease in self-esteem and attitude, weight gain which can lead to obesity, while maybe placing users at risk for diabetes, heart disease and eating disorders.
When one thinks that many of these drugs are prescribed in combination, it becomes difficult to figure out which drug may be creating any positive or negative effects.
In 2002 one in 40 kids was placed on antidepressants. One million kids are labeled bipolar and 88% of kids are seen as autistic. Only during adolescents can a child be capable of feeling the loss of not being able to achieving an important goal in life without any alternative.
Other than the negative side-effects of giving these kids these medications we need to ask how a child feels about having such a label? Will the child be on these drugs for their entire lives because they are seen as a solution to the mental health issue? And how does being on these drugs affect their ability to be productive and happy adults?
Why is this happening? Sadly, because doctors are being paid by the prescription drug companies to sell their drugs. You can go to this link to find out what payments are being made in your state here: http://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/
Also note that drug companies spend twice as much on promotion than on research and development. This while lying about their drug study results and doing illegal promotions.
The drug companies have paid billions of dollars in fines for marketing fraud and lying about the results of their testing. Pfizer paid $2.3 million for marketing fraud of Bextra, Lyrica and other drugs. AstraZeneca settled for $520 million for trying to persuade doctors to prescribe its drug Seroquel for unapproved uses. Johnson & Johnson paid $2.2 billion for illegal marketing of Risperdal for unapproved uses in children. GlaxoSmithKline was fined $3 billion to resolve criminal and civil liability charges related to illegal drug marketing,withholding information about health hazards associated with its diabetes drug Avandia and Paxel which was illegally marketed to children.
What can you do if your doctor is telling you that your kid needs to be medicated?
- Cut out any fructose and high fructose corn syrup from your child’s diet as it has been linked to depression and schizophrenia. Read the labels.
- Replace juice, soda and milk with pure water. It will subtract many extra calories from your child’s diet and help their body run more efficiently.
- Feed your child whole foods, organic if possible to lesson the antibiotics, growth hormones, and estrogens that are fed to our conventionally grown live stock.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of activity to burn that energy off, especially young active boys.
- Limit the time and sorts of video games they are playing making sure that they are age appropriate and free of carnage. Children under eight years old can’t distinguish between reality and fantasy.
- If there are still issues, make sure your doctor goes to the cause of the problem before getting out that prescription pad. There are always reasons why a child would be having any symptom, behavioral and emotional ones included. Every doctor that deals with medical health is charged to do this first and the same needs to be true of dealing with mental health issues. Also understand that something that looks like a mental health issue, could very easily be caused by a hormonal imbalance, drug interaction, or lack of ability to absorb all the nutrients required due to food allergy or leaky gut for example.
Use your common sense and realize that many children are just experiencing normal emotions and need to learn how to regulate them. Also understand that the diet we feed our kids is going to have effects on them, because they are growing and need appropriate nutrition to build their bodies, make the right amount of the hormones that run many of the body’s systems and to make the neurotransmitters that allow the brain to function appropriately. Activity is also very important in building the body, building the self-esteem in looking and feeling healthy, while learning how to get along with others.
Medication needs to be the last resource when all else fails and when the child plainly is having an event that requires some sort of intervention, especially in the case of our children. They are still growing and need the correct nutrients without their bodily systems being compromised by harsh chemicals that may have no positive effect and many negative effects in the long term.
Quit Anger Quickly
Did you know one of the main reasons people have heart attacks is anger? Avoid being a statistic and purchase the "Quit Anger Quickly" MP3 today, available for download at a reasonable price from the Dawning Visions Hypnosis StoreQuit Anger Quickly
Powered by Facebook Comments