Vol. 397, January 19, 2016 – Why Are You Eating When You Don’t Want To?
It is amazing how many people are overeating these days, I am speaking of people who know that they are eating more then they require to satiate themselves.
I would have to say that the number one cause of this sort of overeating these days is stress! People are under so much pressure at work, pressure to bring in enough of an income to make their bills, and pressure to do right by their parents and children, if they have them.
There are some things that you can do to help yourself to stop the overeating, if you are aware of the fact:
- Go back to a time when you were a bit more nimble and felt good about yourself. Find a photo of yourself back then and hang it up on the mirror in your bathroom where you get ready every day. This is a visual reminder that you were able to be at a reasonable weight once, so you can get back there again if you put your mind to it.
- Take out a notebook and think of all the stressors that you have on yourself at the moment. Make a list of them.
- Next, write down the names of people at your workplace and in your home that you could have take some of the pressure off you, by helping you out. Add everyone you can think of.
- Get yourself into a relaxed state – throw on some relaxing music and just write down the name of the person that could delegate each item of work to, so you no longer have to deal with it. The next time you are in able, go and delegate that work to that person.
- Make a list of all your favorite healthy type foods – the ones that are tasty, yet healthy like fruits and veggies, dark chocolate, coconut, nuts, real old fashioned oatmeal with some cinnamon and a bit of fresh fruit.
- Toss out the crap that you have in your home, you know that stuff that maybe doesn’t even taste as good as you like to believe, yet you use as “comfort food.” That includes 99% of the prepackaged foods.
- Purchase the healthy tasty foods that you enjoy eating. These would be whole foods.
- Make a list of all the activities that you enjoy that require you to use your muscles in some healthy manner.
- Make a list of the ways in which you can integrate these active activities into your life.
- Celebrate in some non-food manner for each success you have, like feeling slimmer, having more energy, being able to think more clearly.
The real goal here isn’t about the weight loss per se. It is about feeling less stressed out so that you can feel light and healthy again. In so doing, the need to fill yourself with food needn’t occur anymore.
This will work for anyone who is just a bit overweight 10 – 20 pounds in woman and 20 – 30 pounds in men, and is stressed out.
NOTE: This is NOT for people who have addictions to food for whatever reason and have a major amount of weight to release. And it also won’t work if you are truly unhappy with your current situation in life, no matter the cause.
Do I have an Eating Disorder? Now What?
Do you suspect that either you or a loved one might be suffering from an Eating Disorder? Find out for sure as well as the best ways to treat Anorexia or Bulimia in “Do I have an Eating Disorder? Now What?”, currently available from the Dawning Visions Hypnosis Store.Do I have an Eating Disorder? Now What?
Powered by Facebook Comments