Over the course of doing hypnosis for the past decade and more, I have learned that the one thing that all people are looking for is that thing called “happiness”. The interesting thing about this is that most people have a very strange idea of what would bring them happiness. Many are brainwashed by the advertisers to purchase ever more things believing that will increase the feeling of happiness. In truth once these items are purchased it only takes a few weeks to feel the same as one did before. Where it comes to income production, $250,000/year is the magic number. This is the amount where all needs are taken care of with enough left over for a very comfortable life style. Any more money has no impact on happiness. In some cases people believe that if they get married or have a child they will feel happy. However, unless it is a healthy relationship and a near perfect child, many challenges can arise.
So where does one find the happiness that is craved? Well, to be sure it is nothing that can be found from anything that is outside of you. The reason for this is that happiness is a feeling, and feelings come from the self. It is a decision that we make to allow ourselves to be happy from moment to moment, regardless of the chaos that may be encroaching on us. This is because happiness is really a state of mind. Given this understanding that it is from your mind which happiness comes, here are a few things that you can do to bring some happiness into your life:
1) Follow the advise of all the spiritual teachers by living in the moment. Think of the way a young child lives. The child lives from one moment to the next never worrying about either the past or the future. The child lives in a world open to curiosity through exploration right in the present moment.
2) Think about what your true values are: If you really value your family the way to show it is by giving them something more precious than anything you can purchase, your undivided attention toward what matters to them. As is often pointed out, most people lying on their death bed will not be concerned that they didn’t work more. They will be concerned that they gave and received love.
3) Think about what is fulfilling to you. If you are doing a job, or spending time in activities to please another, you are not living your own life. Given the relatively short period you are here living, it is up to you to get real with yourself about what truly matters to you and spend your time doing those activities!
4) If spending money on things is short lived, spending time and money on having memorable experiences is not. Take the time to figure out what those experiences are that bring you the most enjoyment and do those as often as you can.
5) Healthy relationships are very important. Spend time with those people who you can relate to in an easy manner where you are constantly finding yourself being stretched and with those with whom you have fun.
6) A healthy body and mind is most important so getting enough activity in and healthy food with plenty of water so your body and mind are able to function is most important.
7) Living to give of yourself is most fulfilling of all. If for some reason you aren’t feeling very happy go out and find someone whose life you can brighten up. The smile that you bring to that other person’s face will be enough for you to feel lighter and happier in every way.
It is up to you to take control of your own life pursuing those things that truly matter to you. Once you allow yourself to do that, happiness will be the end result.
Subscribe Now to the Dawning Visions Hypnosis Newsletter
If you found this blog post helpful and informative, then Suzanne would like to invite you to subscribe to the Dawning Visions Hypnosis Newsletter and receive notice of new blog posts, general news,special offers and upcoming events. A confirmation email will be sent to you and you will be granted access to the ever expanding free gift page which currently includes an anti-stress hypnotic induction mp3, an eating disorder induction mp3 and a pdf of the first chapter of Suzanne’s upcoming book on sexual addiction.Subscribe Now to the Dawning Visions Hypnosis Newsletter
Powered by Facebook Comments