Vol. 382, October 6, 2016 – 5 Benefits of Being Positive
While reading the International Hypnosis Federation’s newsletter, Hyp-News of the Day, I came across a wonderful article by a colleague of mine, Frank Hopkins, called Benefits of Positivity explaining 5 ways that your life will function much better with a positive attitude. Here they are:
- How would you like a longer, healthier life? Well, a study of optimistic post menopausal women demonstrated that they were 30% less likely to die from heart disease, where negative thinking women were 23% more likely to die from cancer then the general public.
- How would you like to be less depressed? Well, if you have a positive attitude toward life, you will, by definition be unlikely to become depressed.
- How would you like to stay physically healthier? Well, being of positive mind you are less likely to get ill. If you do contract some cold or other illness, you will recover much quicker.
- How would you like to be able to recover from life’s more challenging issues such as: surgery, serious diseases, stress and hardships better? Well, people with a positive attitude recover faster then anyone else.
- How would you like to have better coping mechanisms and a higher level of self-confidence? Well, being optimistic allows you to feel much better about yourself and more appreciative of others.
It is clear that staying positive of mind is an important part of living a good to great life. With that in mind, here are some things you can do to increase your own sense of optimism.
- Turn off the news because it isn’t the news anyway. If you realize that you get such a small sound bite of whatever is being repeated without any context, you can understand how useless this so-call information is to you.
- The news is created to make you angry, anxious and sad because that is what sells, unfortunately. So, stay away from it, especially right after you wake up in the morning and right before going to sleep, since you are in a hypnotic state at these times. Allowing that garbage to infiltrate your unconscious mind will hurt your ability to be optimistic.
- Surround yourself with people who are doing positive things in this world. Volunteer for an organization whose mission your believe in to add some positivity to your community. This will bring you so much joy, you will become most optimistic.
- Engage in those things that you used to love to do while you were young and could spend your days doing what you wanted to do, once your school day was over and during the summer and holidays. Too often adults get stuck in the toil of making a living and forget to “have fun.” Life was meant to be enjoyable and it can be, so long as you allow yourself to do enjoyable things with your time.
- Hang out with happy fun people to bring a smile to your face.
- Put together a gathering for your friends. It can be a weekend party, or it can be a small brunch. It’s even more fun if you bring people together who don’t know each other and have everyone contribute their favorite dish to the party. You will be amazed at the vast amount of foods of all different sorts that will show up for your being the one to organize the occasion. For those who don’t cook or bake, suggest they bring a bottle of wine or two, something from a bakery or some cut up fruit and/or veggies and dip. Someone can even bring some gourmet coffee and tea. Just make sure that the alcohol is to a minimum and the television is OFF, to allow people to actually sit and be with one another, eye-to-eye and soul-to-soul. Because anyone can stare at a television at home, can’t they? So, make it clear in the invitation that it is for people to interact with one another and that there will be absolutely no television, Netflix or DVDs at all. If they aren’t okay with that, well, they can stay home and watch their televisions. That being said, it is great to have your special gatherings when important sporting events or not occurring.
7. Invite some friends over to cook and enjoy a meal together and play some board games,
cards or do some Tarot readings. I love doing this with my friends, and maybe you would
8. If you are a creative sort and most humans are in one area or another, get to it already. Too
often people forget to exercise their creative outlets and then wonder why they feel like they
lost themselves. If you are not using the left side of your brain, doesn’t it make sense that
you may be feeling you lost a part of yourself?
9. If you are in a job or career that you dislike, be honest with yourself about it. You spend way
too many hours at work to dislike what you are doing. Take an assessment of the things that
you enjoy doing and the things that you are good at, and then sprinkle in some dream type
aspects to create an income producing activity that sings to your heart. I did this when
I figured out that I hated corporate America, and I never got further then the entry level there.
I also realized that I was a lousy employee. As such I needed to figure out a way to make my
own money working for myself that allowed me to do what I loved to do. This includes
travel to all sorts of places all over the globe as well as being creative and autonomous while
having a great time doing the work itself. I have found the perfect modality in health care to
allow me to do everything I ever wanted to do and much, more that I didn’t even know I had in
me like: writing 4 downloadable books, doing a weekly podcast, doing a weekly weblog, and
creating products – while meeting the coolest people on the planet and learning from the best
in the world at what they do.
10. Make sure you get enough sleep each night, between 7-8 hours for most adults, are drinking
plenty of cool, clean refreshing water (add fresh lemon and/or cucumbers for extra flavor and
11. Eat whole foods, which means combining one item foods to make your recipes replacing
sugar and artificial sweetener with a little uncooked, 100% pure organic honey. Eat healthy
fats like: avocados, coconut oil, nuts, seeds and flaxseed, oily fish for their omega 3s and
some saturated fats as well – only about 3 ounces every couple days – thrown in a salad or
stir fry is perfect. And how about a couple of pieces of delicious 70% Cocoa Dark chocolate?
It’s one of the healthiest foods on the planet!
12. Get yourself some fun activity where you are moving your body. We humans were never
made to sit for 10 hours a day at some fool desk typing on computers. No, indeed. We were
meant to be out there running, twisting and bending all day long till the sun went down and
then go off to sleep. Go find fun activities to do where you are moving your body
while not at work. Not only will you have fun, you will also have much better mobility, getting
that synovial fluid working in your joints, keeping your bones and muscles strong. You will
have a healthier functioning body that will bring you an optimistic attitude feeling good and
13. We people of the 21st century feel that if we aren’t “doing” something then we aren’t being
productive. Well, I have some good news for you. The most productive people that ever
lived napped regularly, took many hours just to think, which is when their best ideas for
creating something wonderful came into their minds. So, it’s going to do you well to allow
yourself to “just be.”
14. Take some time for self-hypnosis, meditation and/or prayer. Getting in touch with our higher
consciousness is a great way to give our brains the break they require as well as allowing
us to calm ourselves down; body, mind and spirit. Who knows, you may come up with
something really cool for yourself to do while in this altered state of being.
There you go, you now have every reason to be a positive, optimistic and therefore happy person don’t you? You even have a game plan to get it done. Go ahead and put these ideas to into play for your self. You may even outlive you longest living relative happily and healthfully. What do you have to lose, but that which is not working for you anyway?
Get the free "Keys to Happiness" report Now!
Get the free report "Keys to Happiness" Now and Claim your Excellent Life.Get the free "Keys to Happiness" report Now!
Powered by Facebook Comments